The Caulder Kids -- Daily Life In The Caulder House :)

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

On The Home Front....

Okay, so I know it has been a long time now since I've reported any news about whats going on at our house, but FINALLY I have got around to it! First I want to take a minute to tell everyone that had a July birthday...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I hope to get back to recognizing every ones birthday on their actual birthday. Anyway, we have some great news to report from therapy. Nathan has started making BIG improvements on his standing and walking!!! He had about a month that he didn't want to much at all at therapy and in the last two weeks he has had more energy and is making the improvements. Walking may not be too far in Nathan's future! That will be a glorious day! =) Can you believe that it is almost the end of summer once again? We have some big changes just around the corner in our house. Not only will Dylan be going in the third grade, but Nathan will be starting his first year of school! My baby!!!! As it looks now he will be going to the afternoon classes which last two hours. Afternoon is better for us considering he will have to go across town. Then of course the other big change is the new baby in November! We have picked out a name finally after much debating....ETHAN CHASE CAULDER!! It fits right in with our "AN" and "CH" theme we have going. =) By the way, everything is looking good for this pregnancy, I go for an ultrasound this Thursday for them to look at the brain and heart to make sure everything is looking okay. Oh and speaking of the brain, Nathan had an appointment with Greenwood Genetics early this month and we found out that he has been published in a medical book! We have actually lost our copy of it but luckily Daddy made a copy so now we just have to get a copy from him. We also found out that only one in every 10,000 to 30,000 children are born with the Chromosome abnormality that Nathan has and he is the only reported case in South Carolina. Moving on, Nathan also had an appointment with his Cardiologist a couple of weeks ago. The doctor said that there is still (which I wasn't aware of it before) a small defect in his heart, he didn't give me the specifics and I didn't ask because he said that it was so small that there was no need to do anything about it. As long as Nathan gives us no cause for concern he doesn't go back for 3 more years! =) Soon Nathan will have some dental surgery coming up. He was supposed to have it at the end of May but he had to be cleared by the cardiologist first. He has been cleared I now just have to get written clearance from the Neurologist and Cardiologist and then they will do his surgery. Now a quick update on the other two of my children before I go to bed. Jordan is doing very well, he is right on track with his learning, He loves to sing and dance with Dylan. I think he is going to be a computer person, he will sit at his highchair and "type" on his tray! I have some pictures of him wearing some "shoes" that I will try to get on here tomorrow. As for Dylan he has been enjoying his summer and is looking forward to his birthday coming up Friday and his party on Saturday. Can you believe my baby will be 8?!?!?! He is getting so close to being a teenager it is scary! I will try to do better with my posting, I know I say that a lot, but I'm serious this time. I have just got to find a spot in my schedule for blogging. Of course this is not half of what has happened with our family but at least it gives you all an idea of whats been going on.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Wonderful news on Nathan. I can't wait until the party on Saturday. I hope all is well with you and Dad too. Don't forget about yourselves. :)