A Doctor Visit For Jordan
Jordan went to the doctor for his 9 month check-up Monday. He had been running a fever for a couple of days. He didn't have a runny nose and he wasn't coughing. He did lose his appetite though. And when Jordan doesn't eat, you know there is something wrong. The nurse checked him for strep and sure enough it came back positive. Today he is still running a slight fever and he still isn't wanting to eat much. He is two days into his antibiotic, hopefully he will get better soon. He weighed 23.4 and was 28 3/4" long.
Dylan was also sick on Monday. He woke up with a bad headache, so bad that he didn't eat much breakfast and while he was eating breakfast he turned the kitchen light off. I called the doctors office when they opened and got him an appointment right after Jordan's. He didn't see his regular doctor because he was booked up. I told the doctor that saw him that I thought it was sinus because he was real nasal. He wanted to check him for strep since Jordan was diagnosed with it. His came back negative. But the doctor still gave him an antibiotic, just in case (which made no sense to me). I told him that Dylan has been having a lot of headaches in the last month or so, so he told me to keep a log of his headaches. That they could be migraines. When we got home Dylan's headache got worse. This time he was in the floor crying. I told him that crying was only going to make it worse and the best thing to do would be to take a nap. So, I gave him two children's aspirin and had him lay on the couch. He said that the light was bothering his eyes so I put the blanket over his head. He took the blanket off of his head and said that he was scared. I asked him what he was scared of, having a headache, and he said no he was scared he was going to throw up. He just got it out of his mouth, when he leaned over and threw up all in the floor. That really did upset him. So I got him a wet cloth and put it on his forehead and gave him two more aspirin because he had just taken them before he got sick. About an hour later he said his head felt better but I could tell he really wasn't feeling well. He woke up feeling better Tuesday morning. I still think it was sinuses. I'm going to get him an appointment to see his regular doctor to discuss it. Oh, Dylan weighs 57lbs now!




No comments:
Post a Comment