In The Christmas Spirit!
Last week I got a call from Greenwood Genetics about the study they had mentioned at Nathan's last appointment. They have decided to use Nathan. We should be getting the paperwork in the mail soon. Also, Dr. Rogers and (a soon to be Genetics Doctor) Allison, have written an article on Inverted Duplication of 8p with deletion, and want to use Nathan's picture. Allison is also holding a seminar at Furman University and she wants to use Nathan's picture there too. They won't use his name, just his pictures. We should be receiving the consent forms for those soon too.
The past week has been pretty uneventful. We have taken the Halloween decorations down and started putting the Christmas decorations up. I know, Thanksgiving hasn't got here yet and we are already putting up our Christmas decorations?!? We normally don't put them up until the weekend after Thanksgiving or the first week in December, but this year we have all been anxious to get the season started. We've been watching Christmas movies and listening to Christmas music, and we have put our pre-lit tree up, but the only ornaments on it so far are the ones that Dylan has put on it. As soon as we finish it up I will post pictures.
I went to the Dollar Tree over the weekend, to browse over the Christmas items. I ended up leaving with three bags full! And it only cost me $21.00! Shopping there only added to my Christmas Spirit, shopping for Christmas things with Christmas music playing. I had a lot of fun, to be by myself!
I have never really been that crafty in my 26, well 27 years. But I saw some things to make a Christmas basket while I was at the Dollar Tree. So I figured I would see what I could come up with. I ended up being a couple of pieces short, so while I was at Wal-Mart I picked up a few things that I thought would match perfectly. Of course since I made it I am very critical of it. At times it looks like something's just not right and at other times I think it looks great. I thought it would look good as the center piece for my coffee table. But we had to move the coffee table out of the living room because the tree is taking up so much room. So for now the basket is the center piece on my kitchen table.
FYI: I will be changing up the polls soon, I know you all are tired of seeing the same ones over and over. So keep checking to see the new ones!


Nathan eatting puffs after his cheese sandwich lunch.

Jordan falls asleep after his cheese sandwich lunch.








No comments:
Post a Comment