The Caulder Kids -- Daily Life In The Caulder House :)

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Last Minute Beach Vacation

Well we made it to the beach. We didn't think we were going until next weekend. But Pam & Rick were leaving Saturday so we decided we would go with them, that way we all were able to save some money.

We left home at 5:26. Around 6:10 we were at the rest area near Newberry. We stopped for a bathroom break. I didn't need to go so I got the babies out to stretch. When I got Jordan out, I held him for about five minutes and when I went to put him back in the van, I noticed that he had pooped so bad that it had went all over his clothes. Dray got him to clean him up when I noticed that I had it all on the sleeve of my white shirt.

We regrouped and got back on the road. By 6:30 both babies were asleep. Dylan on the other hand was wide awake, asking us every six miles, "Are we there yet". He was more antsy about getting there this time than he has ever been. When we told him to stop asking us that, he started asking "What country are we in?" and "What state are we in?" He was being so funny.

We got to the motel around 10:00. We're staying at a Microtel Inn off of 501.

The kids did great with the ride. They got fussy right before we got here. They were ready for their supper and their bed.

I watched the weather when we got in our room, the temperature for Monday & Tuesday is supposed in the Mid 80's and they're not calling for any rain.

I wasn't going to post any pictures till I got home because I didn't think the motel had wireless internet hook up but I do have the wireless connection so I'll put the pictures from today on this post probably tomorrow night. It's late and I got to get some sleep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you all are having a good time. I love you and tell the boys I love them. Be safe!

The Caulder Family said...

We love you too Momma. I really like that bathing suit you gave me. Thank You again.