The Caulder Kids -- Daily Life In The Caulder House :)

Monday, July 10, 2006

Sun, Fun & The Ocean

Well, it's the end of our first day here. We had so much fun today.

We started the day off by going to the International Omelette & Pancake House for breakfast. The food was wonderful and they had the best customer service. I haven't seen customer service like that since Momma & I worked at Subway. =)

After we ate we drove down to Surfside to look at the rental houses. We found a couple that are on the ocean with private beach access and the pools are up on the first floor balcony. That is the kind of beach vacation we want to take.

We drove around looking at the houses for a while, then we decided to go get the babies floats for the swimming pool. We ended up stopping at Eagles. They had a "Cars" beach towel there that Dylan wanted so bad. We didn't get it for him because of the price but he has been so good about not asking for things that we might go back tomorrow and buy it for him. We did however buy a big beach umbrella so that we would have some shade while we were on the beach.

We got done there and headed back to the motel to get ready to go to the ocean. We got the babies feed and got changed, then we were off.



First thing when got there Dray buried Nathan's legs in the sand. He liked it at first but after a few minutes he started getting aggravated. So Pam took him to the ocean to rinse the sand off. He liked it until a wave came and water splashed in his face. Jordan really liked the sand. He liked it so much that he decided he would eat it. I had laid him down on a towel while I was doing something with Nathan. When I looked back at him he had a handful of sand going straight to the mouth with it. He had sand every where. In his head, hands, around his nose and mouth. I don't know how much he actually swallowed. He did spit up about an hour afterward, and there was sand in it. I've kept a close eye on him today. You can't really tell in the picture (left) how much sand he had all over him. It was taken right after he got into the sand. Jordan doesn't care for the water too much. He is fine with his legs in water, if you put him in any further he gets upset. At one point I had him where he was okay with the water until it splashed on his head. I sat and held Nathan and Jordan and we played in the sand with sand toys while Dray & Dylan played in the water. Dylan wasn't as scared of the water as he was last year. He went out to where the waves would come up a little above his knees. But when it looked like the wave was too big he would run away from it. While I was in the water with him a larger wave came up and he wasn't expecting it. It was so funny cause you could see how the water picked him up and scooted him inland then when the water died down you could see his little butt. The wave had pulled his pants down. After that when a wave would come, he held on to his shorts.

( I can't get Dylan's picture to upload, I will have to try tomorrow.)

We all had a great time at the beach today. We were able to stay a couple of hours. The babies did fuss some but overall they did great.

We came back to the room to shower and get ready to go out for dinner. We have sand every where. Once you pick it up, it is hard to get rid of it.

We all went out to eat together because Pam, Rick & Logan are leaving early in the morning. We went to the Texas Roadhouse Grill. They have great food. Dray and I got beef tips. There were so many of them that neither of us could finish them. Dylan got BBQ Ribs and he said they were nasty so he ended up eating off of everybody's plate.

Rick asked Dylan tonight where he got his brain and Dylan said Wal-Mart. I laughed so hard I almost cried. I had to share that one with you all.

Well I gotta get in the bed because Dray has us going to some seminar in the morning, we're supposed to get some money, a vacation and some local discounts for going. It should be a lot of fun...NOT! =)

No comments: