The Caulder Kids -- Daily Life In The Caulder House :)

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

New Neurologist


Nathan went to his appointment with his new Neurologist this morning. His name is Dr. Morales, his office is in the Childrens Hospital in Greenville. I like him so much better than his old Neurologist, Dr. Lagarda. She's the one that asked me with a hateful tone if I had taken my prenatal vitamins while I was pregnant. She acted as if it was my fault the cyst was there. This doctor said that it is common in people with Agenisis of the Corpus Callosum, to have a cyst where the corpus callosum would be. He said it was rare for the cyst to be bad enough to have to do surgery. They have to do another MRI to check on everything.

(Excuse the blurriness of the picture, I had a hard time getting him to smile. So I just snapped when I could, and I was moving)

They have scheduled the MRI for Nathan on August 23. We have to push fluids the day before, so his veins will open up for the IV. He can't have any food after 7:30 that morning, and no liquids after 11:30. He has to be there at 1:30. If you remember, last time he was put to sleep he acted funny for a few days. So I have been hesitant about him having another MRI. I hate him having to be put to sleep but at the same time I want to do what is best for him, and he does need this done again. Please remember him in your prayers, that he will do okay under the anesthesia.

Another thing that the Doctor addressed today was Nathan not feeling pain easily and not having much of a reflex. He said that you do see that sometimes in people with brain problems. And they will look for that in the MRI. But if that isn't the case, he could have nerve problems. And the way they test for that is to (the way I understand it) send some kind of shock through his body, through his feet. The doctor said that it was a little painful. Hopefully he won't have to have that done.

No comments: