The Caulder Kids -- Daily Life In The Caulder House :)

Friday, April 28, 2006

I'm a boy!


Nathan has discovered how to take his diaper off. I was walking through the living room yesterday and looked over at him in his feeding chair and he had pulled the tabs back and had his hand down in his diaper. I couldn't help but to laugh. He just seemed so entertained.
Typical boy for ya. I get so excited when he does something new. With just any baby it wouldn't be such a big deal. But for Nathan, everything he learns is a big step. He has to processes things differently than you and I do. The things that come natural to us, Nathan has to work to achieve, like chewing, you wouldn't believe the work that your mouth does when you chew. When he started Speech therapy Miss Laura was explaining the whole process to me, It's amazing what you do with your mouth without even thinking about it. Nathan has came along way with his feeding. He can now eat small bites, but it can't be anything hard. And he still has times where he gets tired of chewing. The next time you eat, pay attention to the work your tongue is doing. It will surprise you. Have A Good Day!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

KEEP UP THE HARD WORK BUDDY
LOVE YOU

Blackwell4 said...

I just wanted to say that i admire the time that you put in to your children. I have never been around giften children and I never really realized how much time you have to put into raising one. You guys are doing a great job with Nathan and our prayers are with you. we love you all.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say that i am vere happy for Nathan. keep up the good work. Mercedes has to have her surgery may 10.