The Caulder Kids -- Daily Life In The Caulder House :)

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Greenwood Genetics

We went to our appointment with Dr. Rogers at GGC today. After canceling yesterday because of a bad feeling that Momma and I both had. This appointment was for the doctor to talk with Dray and I to let us know a little more about Nathan's chromosome abnormality. What I was expecting to be a little information turned into a plate full of information. Dr. Rogers did find some studies on people with the same condition, 26 that have been documented. He did say that Nathan is in the 10th percentile weight and height. His head size is in the 25th percentile. He said that no one could say how Nathan will develop. (Of course we knew that, only God knows what the future holds, for any of us.) He gave me some articles to read. Which I have started to read but I haven't got very far. I have read though, that without any problems with the organs (which we have not seen with Nathan) People with this condition do have normal to near normal life expectancy. That was a big load off of my chest because up until today we had no clue what to expect. There is so much information to share. I am going to try to get the articles up where you all can read over them if you would like. I'm not sure if I will be able to but I am going to try tomorrow. Dr. Rogers did call a doctor friend of his in Chicago which is one of the best doctors that deals with the Corpus Callosum. He called to ask a question and found out that he and a doctor in California are about to start a study of Agenisis of the Corpus Callosum and the Gene that it comes from. Dr. Rogers had already asked us about following Nathan so that if there is anyone else out there with the same condition, they can find answers to their questions. We gladly agreed. So when Dr. Rogers talked to the doctor in Chicago, he let him know that we were willing to help with the study. It's not a for sure thing yet, we would have to sign some papers first. But it is possible. I will try to get those articles up for you all.

I know I didn't give a lot of information on the doctor visit today. But there's just so much, that I have no clue really where to start. So if you have any questions please leave them in the comments or email me. And I will be more than happy to answer them if I can.

Oh Yeah, one more thing. They have blood left from the samples they have got from the three of us and I can't remember exactly what they're going to test for but they are going to be doing some further testing with our DNA.

No comments: