What is inv dup 8p with deletion?
The title of the last post probably threw you. You were probably asking yourself what is she talking about!? At first I didn't understand it either. But now that I have some understanding of it. I will try to help you all understand it.
It all started with my egg. An abnormal egg, I guess you could say.
There are 2 of each number of chromosomes. We get one from our Mom and one from our Dad. There are 22 pairs and 2 sex chromosomes. XY for males and XX for females.
Each chromosome is made up of two parts. The short arm or P and the long arm or Q.
When I got pregnant with Nathan, the egg had a duplicate piece of P of chromosome 8. It inverted and stuck on top of the original chromosome.
At some point, a piece of chromosome 8 was deleted. Which is common in people with the inverted duplication.
Dray and I had to get some testing done earlier this year to find out if either one of us were carriers. Which we weren't. So when the doctor said that it was my egg that had the duplicate piece, I got weak in the knees. I have some what blamed myself for Nathan's chromosome problem because after we lost Katelyn to Turner Syndrome Genetics told me to take Folic Acid, and I had read the artilces about it but I still didn't take it like I should have. So I asked Dr. Rogers if this happened because I didn't take my folic acid. He assured me that it was nothing that I did or didn't do.
I look at the pictures of Nathan's chromosomes, and it is amazing to me that something like this can happen. I do know that Nathan is the way God intended him to be.
Please keep Nathan in your Prayers. Also, please Pray for me. I know that it is in Gods hands and I do have Faith. But I catch myself looking at Nathan and feeling broken hearted because I don't want him to be in any pain(see below). I know it is bothering Dray also. He just doesn't show it like I do. So, please keep our family in your Prayers.
I will try to post the pictures of Nathan's chromosomes later to give you all a better idea of what happened.




No comments:
Post a Comment